Health & Safety Awareness (Online)
This course will be conducted through video conferencing. It facilitates interactive two-way communication, allowing delegates to ask questions. Each attendee must have a webcam and microphone for identity verification and the ability to respond to examination questions.
Who is this course for
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workplace, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site, and the protocols to keep themselves safe whilst undertaking their duties.
It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
This course aims to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood, covering:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- Contributing to the safety of the workplace
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
The minimum entry is a good understanding of spoken and written English
This course is suitable for all levels
Please Note: The minimum age of attendance for this course is 16 years old, however delegates who are under the age of 18 must bring a completed parental consent form to the first day of the training course.
This is a one-day course. Delegates are required to complete the full day (7.5 hours) to be eligible for certification.
This course qualifies all delegates for the CSCS Labourers Green card
Training course content
Delegates taking the HSA course will be able delegates to achieve all of the learning outcomes listed below by the end of the course.
Module 1 Legal and management
- Legal & general responsibilities
- Accident reporting & recording
MModule 2 Health and welfare
- Health & Welfare
- First aid and responsibilities
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory hazards
- noise & vibrations
- Hazardous substances
- Manual handling
Module 3 General safety
- Safety Signs
- Fire prevention & control
- Electrical safety, work equipment & hand-held tools
- Mobile plant vehicles
- Lifting operations & equipment
Module 4 High Risk activities
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
Module 5 Environment
- Environmental awareness
- Waste materials
Training & Assessment Methods
A high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, group exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination.
The final examination paper is mandatory and consists of 25 questions, selected by CITB, covering all aspects of the course and has a pass mark of 83%
Usually 8.45am start. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a CITB Health & Safety Awareness certificate valid for five years.
Please note, CITB no longer produce physical certificates, all certificates are produced digitally and sent to DSG Academy within 28 working days of the end of the course, and will then be sent to the delegate
Grants and Funding
DSG Academy is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) with CITB, allowing employers to claim grants for completing training on our registered courses. The CITB levy and grants scheme has been introduced to ensure the UK construction industry has the skilled workforce that it needs; providing grants for employers to train their workers. This helps to maintain health & safety standards on construction sites, keeping the right skills available for the industry to grow. In turn this will allow projects to be completed on time and within budget, in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Please inform us if you have any serious health issues, physical problems or are taking any medication which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course
- For online courses, the content will be remotely delivered by a tutor in a virtual online classroom and you must have access to a suitable PC, laptop or tablet with a robust high-speed internet connection sufficient to cope with online delivery.
- You will also need a suitably sized quiet room where they can carry out the course without interruptions
- Identification will be checked prior to starting the course and the examination
- The examination will be carried out using an online examination tool (Classmarker or Microsoft Forms) and will be subject to online video invigilation.
- Delegates who do not complete the full tuition time will not be issued with a certificate and will be charged in full
- Failure to meet any of these site requirements will result in the course being cancelled and charged in full
- All prices shown are subject to VAT
- The training grant aid is provided in accordance with the current CITB grants scheme
- Employers are able to claim grants if they have sent a Levy Return to CITB by 30th November each year (where applicable).
- You will complete an induction prior to starting the course
- Onsite Programme Delivery – Bring our programmes to your premises, DSG Academy offer dedicated training tailored to meet the specific needs of your employees or workers. This course can be conveniently delivered at your site.
- Targeted Training – Onsite training guarantees practical sessions that focus on product and task specificity, elevating the learning experience.
- Adaptable Training – Choose training times that suit your workforce, whether during regular work hours, evenings, or weekends.
- Minimised Travel Costs – Onsite training eliminates the need for additional travel or over-night expenses.
- Minimal Downtime – With training on site and some courses completed in three hours, del-egates can quickly return to critical tasks, minimising downtime.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information